The trends and best practices of the SEO industry keep changing constantly. Whatever may be in vogue for the last few years can be replaced by a new technology in just a few months.As an SEO practitioner, it is necessary to keep up with the current SEO trends so that your clients’ websites can maintain their rank and outreach consistently.Let’s have a look at the latest SEO trends that you must pay attention to.
AMP: Mobile search has changed the field of SEO as more than 50% of the entire organic traffic now comes from cell phones and tablets. AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages is a crucial SEO trend for acquiring better ranks on SERP.
- It is a novel standard built by Google to help the website owners create a user-friendly mobile website.
- AMP is a light version of the website based on the HTML markups.
- AMP ensures that the web page layout loads lighting fast on mobile devices.
Voice Search:Thanks to the invention of Google Assistant, Siri, and Cortana, people like to ask questions these days to their smartphones. Based on their location, they can get specific answers such as “where is the nearest gas station?’ or “when will the next bus arrive?’
- It is mandatory to optimize a website for voice search. You need to focus on local Cincinnati SEO and insert long-tail keywords.
- Try to compose the content in such a way that answers people’s direct queries. Remember, people will ask who, why, what, when and where questions in voice search and your website should be able to answer those queries.
Rich Snippets and Answers:You must have noticed that some Google search results are well-framed, featured, and contains the basic information that you need. Thus, there is no need to open any links to get answers to your queries.
- You should use schema markups to obtain a better ranking.
- Schema markups and rich snippets help Google understand the content of your website very quickly.
- Rich snippets give you the flexibility to showcase your answers and get ahead of the competitors by being featured among top search results.
Multi-Channel Marketing: SEO is no longer just about website optimization. Social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+ play a key role in search engine visibility. The likes and shares on social media platform influence ranking in organic search results.
- Promote your brand on as many social media platforms as possible.
- Create separate marketing strategies for each platform. A short tweet may impress the Twitter users, but a glossy image of your product will impress the Instagram users, and Facebook users would love to interact with your product developer via Facebook Live video chat.
- Social media is basically free, so you can use it as much as you want. Even if you invest in PPC ads, the ROI is far better than other mediums of marketing.
These are just some of the trends dominating and shaping the field of SEO in 2017. You must keep your eyes open for new trends as SEO is a dynamic field. Meanwhile, you can apply the aforementioned suggestions for your website’s search engine optimization and tell us the changes you noticed in ranking and click-through-rate.