I have a Camera and each Images are more than 4MB and around 140GB of Photos were stored in my PC. I think you also have such Photos and must be thinking the process to compress them. Even Bloggers need to compress Images to load Website faster. I have listed a Collection of some website which can be used to Compress Images (JPG, PNG, BMP images) so that you can save Disk space and load website faster.
1. TinyPNG (My favorite one) – This is a Fast Online Compressing Website which compress Image easily simply by Drag-n-Drop of Images. TinyPNG uses smart lossy compression techniques to reduce the file size of your PNG files.
2. smush.it! – Developed by Yahoo, its a Widely using Image compressing Website used to compress Images online. It takes in most types of image formats, and automatically converts GIFs to PNGs.
3. Jpegmini – Jpegmini can help reduce your images by upto 5x , while keeping their original quality. It has a Desktop Verison which can be downloaded and used Offline to compress Image.
4. Dynamic Drive Image Optimizer– The Online Image Optimizer from Dynamic Drive is a web-based tool for compressing your images further. You can either provide the link to the image you wish to optimize, or upload it from your local machine.
5. SuperGIF – SuperGIF is a free utility for Windows and Mac OS users that optimizes your GIF images. It compress almost 50% .The free version can only compress one GIF at a time.
6. PNGGauntlet – PNGGauntlet is a .NET GUI application for PNGOUT. It can be used to convert JPG, GIF, TGA, PCX, and BMP to highly optimized PNG files.
7. SuperPNG – SuperPNG is a free Photoshop plugin for saving significantly smaller PNG files compared to Photoshop’s native save feature for PNG’s.
8. RIOT- Stand for Radical Image Optimization Tool which can be Downloaded on Windows. It supports JPG, PNG, and GIF files and has the ability to strip out image metadata for further reduction of file bloat.
9. CompressJPG – Compress JPEG images for displaying on your web pages, in forums, blogs, social networks or sending by email. Start with selecting up to 20 JPEG files from you computer, then upload queue.
10. CompressNOW – It could be helpful to reduce the weight of images, in order to use it on a website for example. The webpage will load faster, and it saves bandwidth.
11. Shrink Pictures – Its another Photo compressing website used to Compress Images . You can upload image upto 6MB.
12. JPEGReducer – Shrinking your jpegs and photos will make them load faster. Large images take a long time to download from a web server and the longer someone waits, the more likely they are to move onto another website or images.
Use any of these tools to Compress your images.