In construction, 4D modeling is a term used to refer to a 3D model that includes the schedule of construction. 4D BIM adds a dimension to a 3D CAD model which enables the team to analyze several events. It also helps in visualizing the time a project will take and if it is within the construction process. 4D adds value to all phases of construction and has a number of benefits.
What are the benefits of 4D modeling?
- Analysis of the impact a design has on a project – It also shows the time it will take. This helps you budget your time and resources in the right way.
- Better site planning – When you know how much time a project will take, you are able to also plan ahead.
- Lean scheduling
- Helps in analyzing hold points
- Gives you improved lead time identification for more effectiveness and productivity, and deliveries are made on time.
- Improved design of documents – By testing design against the construction sequence, the documents get to have an improved design.
- Better communication between workers
- Easy monitoring process and identification of potential issues – This is done quicker and reduces claims
4D modeling as on https://www.ctech.com should be sequencing and scheduling. It integrates quantity take off, productivity rates, labor costs and location based quantities. Construction planning and sequencing also can also be used to produce a 4D animation. This means that elements from the model can be assigned to the logical construction sequence and put together to form an animation which shows how the structure is being built. The animation also helps create understanding and shows a realistic view of the structure to be constructed. A 4D BIM schedule is a derivation of a 3D BIM. It can be applied in logic and different sizes.
Benefits of using 4D modeling in construction
- Architects are able to showcase their plans. By doing this, they able to decide on which plans need to rectify and which designs did not please their clients.
- They are fast and easy to use.
- They are accurate.
- They can be used for animation.
- Reduces the manpower needed on a project
- Helps to reduce costs
- Increases productivity
4D BIM is the future your firm or company needs. It is the next big step that your company needs to take so as to go up the BIM ladder. BIM should not stop after bid. It should include the derivation of schedules from additional information from crew productivity to location based quantities.
Also, there is the important component of the look-ahead schedules, which are for adjusting crews based on several real life situations. You should also help update your team and illustrate the tasks that each person should take. Constant updates ensure that your team does not have conflicts due to miscommunication. Updates will also keep them focused and they will all be sure of the due dates.