4 Important Google Analytics Tips for Your Website
There is no denying the fact that quality traffic is undoubtedly the most important part of your online business. Most of the businesses keep wishing that they have more traffic coming to the websites. However, just because you are wishing for more traffic does not mean that you are going to end up with more traffic. You need to make sure that you are working to receive the results that you are interested in getting. Google Analytics is responsible for providing data that can help in boosting Search Engine Optimization. However, understand that you are not going to get results overnight and you have to work hard for them.
Given below is a list of tips that you should follow and consider implementing so that you can boost SEO within no time.
Get the top reports mailed to you
Email reporting is undoubtedly one of the best ways of spending less time on digging important data. If you know how to get the Google Analytics reports mailed directly to you, it can help in saving a lot of time. Apart from that, you are also going to be ahead of the competitors, who are responsible for spending a lot of time digging through analytics for receiving insights. Given below is a list of the steps that will help you to arrange the email reports by Google Analytics.
- Log in to the account and visit the admin section.
- Select “All Website Data”
- Here you are going to locate the “Custom Alerts” tab. Set the custom alerts up so that you can receive updates as well as receive notifications whenever something happens.
When you are using Alert Conditions, it will be easy to customize certain scenarios for which you are interested in receiving alerts. For instance, if the website is experiencing a decline or spike in traffic, you are going to receive alerts. When you create several alerts, you will not have to check reports. This will help in saving time and you will be able to accomplish more tasks. Ensure that you are receiving creative alerts for essential information that you have to monitor daily, like page views, bounce rate, unique visits, demographics, and more.
Optimize as well as improve paths through the website
There is no denying the fact that the homepage is undoubtedly the most important part of your business website because it is responsible for connecting to all the internal pages. This is why you have to consider the entire layout along with the experience that it is going to provide to your users. When you map the layout clearly, it will be easy to determine how your website is going to look as well as function.
However, according to Google Analytics, when you are trying to understand which pages are most popular, you are going to notice that there will be pages other than the home page receiving traffic. This is going to be true irrespective of the size of the website. If there is a blog attached to the website and you are updating it frequently, you will know that 30% of the traffic is coming from the homepage and the rest are coming from the blog pages that have targeted long-tail keywords.
This means that the navigation path that you want your users to follow is going to be completely different from what they are following. Therefore, you must consider optimizing and improving paths throughout your entire website. You can hire the professionals of ChicagoSEO agencies to know more.
Leverage the low-hanging fruit pages for boosting search performance
If you are setting up your emails perfectly, you will get all the important queries within the inbox. However, you have to consider doing it manually if you are interested in getting the low-hanging fruit queries. Given below is a list of tips that you can follow for boosting the search performances of these pages.
- Google is responsible for taking speed seriously and not a single user is going to wait for your website until it loads. According to forbes.com, even a second delay can lower the page views by 11% and it can also lead to a 7% loss when website conversions are being considered.
- If you find out that the low-performing pages have less than two thousand words, you must add words that will provide value. This will help in increasing the search ranking as well as traffic.
- Make sure that you are making your pages mobile responsive. All your visitors are not using desktops. Google Analytics will help you to understand the traffic that you are receiving from mobile channels. Therefore, you cannot miss considering making the page mobile-friendly because it can help in increasing the ranking as well as traffic. Google has taken this decision because all the mobile users expect websites along with the pages to be optimized for mobile devices. 48% of the customers have stated that they are not going to return to any website that does not load within a short time on mobile devices.
- You need to consider including visuals, data, interactive elements, and videos. In short, you need to include data that will help people to trust both you as well as your content.
- Make sure that you are formatting content properly because if you are not doing so, the content is not going to make any difference to customers. Ensure that the headline is irresistible. Try to write punchy and short sentences. Make sure that the content is actionable.
Mend leaky gaps in the top search pages
Even when you discover pages that are attracting unique views, you might sometimes see that you are not getting enough conversion. This means that there is a leaky gap, which is not allowing you to get conversions. It is your responsibility to mend these gaps so that you can start seeing conversions along with the traffic rate.
Search Engine Optimization is crucial for your website irrespective of the size of your business and without Google Analytics, it will be impossible for you to boost the rankings. Make sure that you are following the tips that have been listed above so that you can do the best for your website.