Celebrating 5th Chrome Bithday with new Desktop offline Apps
Google Chrome, the most Popular and best web browser has completed 6 years of its launch. Currently it has more than 750 Million monthly active users. Google celebrated the Birthday to Chrome be adding a new section to the Chrome Store.
The new section is “FOR YOUR DESKTOP” where you can get a new type of Chrome Apps. These apps work out of the Browser, on the desktop environment. You can use these apps Offline without opening the Chrome browser.
Google had mentioned few bulletin too about the new chrome apps in their blog,
- Work offline: Keep working or playing, even when you don’t have an internet connection.
- More app, less Chrome: No tabs, buttons or text boxes mean you can get into the app without being distracted by the rest of the web.
- Connect to the cloud: Access and save the documents, photos and videos on your hard drive as well as on Google Drive and other web services.
- Stay up-to-speed: With desktop notifications, you can get reminders, updates and even take action, right from the notification center.
- Play nice with your connected devices: Interact with your USB, Bluetooth and other devices connected to your desktop, including digital cameras.
- Keep updated automatically: Apps update silently, so you always get all the latest features and security fixes (unless permissions change).
- Pick up where you left off: Chrome syncs your apps to any desktop device you sign in to, so you can keep working.
- Sleep easier: Chrome apps take advantage of Chrome’s built-in security features such as Sandboxing. They also auto-update to make sure you have all the latest security fixes. No extra software (or worrying) required.
- Launch apps directly from your desktop: To make it quicker and easier to get to your favorite apps, we’re also introducing the Chrome App Launcher for Windows, which will appear when you install your first new Chrome App. It lives in your taskbar and launches your apps into their own windows, outside of Chrome, just like your desktop apps. Have lots of apps? Navigate to your favorite apps using the search box.
You can get these apps from here